SITE SPECIFIC HEALTH AND SAFETY PLANS
In some situations in BC a Prime Contractor may request a site specific safety plan (SSSP) or a site specific safety manual from a contractor or sub-contractor who is commencing business on Prime Contractor's work site.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANUALS ONTARIO
Under the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act, an employer must prepare and review at least annually a written occupational health and safety policy, and must develop and maintain a program to implement that policy [clause 25(2)(j)]. Every business in Ontario, regardless of type, size or insurance coverage, must comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and its regulations. Under the OHSA, employers who employ more than five workers are required to take measures to ensure a safe workplace, such as:
1. Develop and review annually a health and safety policy and a program.
2. Develop and review annually a workplace violence and harassment prevention policy and program.
3. Know their responsibilities.
4.Communicate to workers their rights and responsibilities.
5. Ensure that a health and safety representative (HSR) is selected, or joint health and safety committee (JHSC) established, to perform inspections and audit the health and safety program.
6. Recognize hazards that exist in the workplace and assess and control all hazards that have the potential to cause injuries or illness.
7. Inform workers about hazards and provide training and equipment for workers to follow safe work practices and procedures at all times.
Businesses employing five or fewer employees must comply with items 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7 in the above list, unless otherwise directed. OHSA s. 8(2), 9(3), 25(4) and 32.0.1
We can develop other Health and Safety Manuals for throughout Canada:
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS ONTARIO
What type of safety program will your business need?
What will be included in the content of your custom Ontario health and safety program manual?
Based on your industry and whether your business will need an informal (small) or formal (large) safety program, we will develop your company a custom written health and safety program manual which may include any of the following topics:
OHS & ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
EMPLOYER & EMPLOYEE RESPONSIBILITIES
EMPLOYER & SUPERVISOR DUE DILIGENCE
REGULAR WORKPLACE INSPECTIONS
SAFE WORK PROCEDURES
RECORDS & STATISTICS
EMPLOYEE & MANAGEMENT TRAINING
NEW EMPLOYEES SAFETY ORIENTATIONS
CONTRACTOR SAFETY ORIENTATIONS
PRIME CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS
OCCUPATIONAL FIRST AID PROCEDURES
EMERGENCY RESPONSE PLANNING
RISK CONTROL PROCESSES
FIT TEST PROCEDURES
TOOLS, MACHINERY & EQUIPMENT
CREW TOOL BOX TALKS
LEAD EXPOSURE CONTROL PLANS
ASBESTOS EXPOSURE CONTROL PLANS
CO EXPOSURE CONTROL PLANS
SILICA EXPOSURE CONTROL PLANS
SANITATION & INFECTION CONTROL
HAZARD REPORTING & WORKER RIGHTS
DRUG & ALCOHOL USE
FIELD HAZARD ASSESSMENTS
BLOOD BORNE PATHOGENS
SAFE SHARPS DISPOSAL
ANNUAL PROGRAM REVIEW